top of page

N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship

A Certificate of Citizenship should be filed if you were born outside the United States to a U.S. citizen parent; or because you automatically became a citizen of the United States after birth, but before you turned eighteen (18) years of age. (A parent or legal guardian can also file Form N-600 on behalf of a minor child.)

Since citizenship law has changed over the years, different laws apply to determine whether someone automatically became a U.S. citizen at birth, or after birth but before turning eighteen (18) years of age. An adopted child can acquire U.S. citizenship through his or her U.S. citizen parent. However, step-children cannot acquire U.S. citizenship under this provision. Please note, different provisions apply depending on whether you were born in wedlock or out-of-wedlock.

Attorney Action:
- Prepares and Files application package

- Handles all USCIS communications

- Responds to all USCIS requests for additional information

- Responds to all USCIS Requests for Evidence (RFE) 


Attorney fee: $1200

bottom of page